West Highland Way – 7 Day
West Highland Way – 7 Day – Self-Guided Walking Tour
The West Highland Way is one of the Worlds famous way marked trails. Its stretches 154km from the outskirts of Glasgow in the South to the foothills of the UK’s highest mountain – Ben Nevis – in the North.
The Way takes you along the shores of Loch Lomond and into the very heart of the Scottish Highlands.
Tour Pricing & Dates
|7 Day Tour||£569 per person sharing|
|Tour Dates||Available March to October|
|Accommodation||Guesthouse (en suite)|
|BOOKING||BOOK THIS TOUR|
- Day 1 / Glasgow to Invernarnan
- From central Glasgow you will travel to Invernarnan from where your tour begins.
- Day 2 / Overnight Tyndrum
- Your first days walking takes you north-west along the base of Ben Glas mountain, through Glen Folloch and onto Strath Fillan. The River Folloch will transverse a large part of your day on your way to the end of the way in Tyndrum Distance 21km assent 200m Approx time 6hrs
- Day 3 / Overnight Inveroran
- Tyndrum to Inveroran An easy section that takes you north out of Tyndrum on an old military road that was constructed around 1750 and along by the West Highland Railway-Line that links Glasgow with Fort William. The views along this section are mainly dominated by two mountains on the right; first Beinn Odhar and then Beinn Dorain. The section may be easy but it is incredibly beautiful; in summer it offers an array of wild flowers and green pastures. Distance: 15 km, Ascent: 145 m Approximate walking time: 4 hrs
- Day 4 / Overnight Kingshouse
- Inveroran to Kingshouse One of the most remote sections of the trail which follows an old drover’s road that skirts along the western fringe of Rannoch Moor. Today you will experience all the peace and serenity that the Scottish Highlands has to offer. Wild red deer; black grouse and sheep roam at will here. Distance: 15 km, Ascent: 90 m Approximate walking time: 4 hrs
- Day 5 / Overnight Kinlochleven
- Kingshouse to Kinlochleven From Kingshouse the trail enters the beautiful scenery of Glencoe and at Altnafeadh climbs steadily over the Devils Staircase. This is an old military road that rises to almost 500Mtrs; at its highest point before making a long descent into Kinlochleven. Distance: 15 km, Ascent: 250 m Approximate walking time: 4 hrs
- Day 6 / Overnight Fort William
- Kinlochleven to Fort William The final section of the West Highland Way takes you back onto the old military road; with a steady climb out of Kinlochleven; through an area of natural woodlands that every now and then offers you some splendid views over Loch Leven and back over part of your previous walk. You will pass an old ruined village called Tigh-Na-Sleubhaich and clear evidence of its once inhabitants can still be seen to the present day. The final part of the trail takes you down into Glen Nevis where you will have some great views of Ben Nevis; Scotland’s highest mountain. The trail finishes at the visitors centre in Fort William. Distance: 24 km, Ascent: 225 m Approximate walking time: 7 hrs
- Day 7 / Depart
- Today you will depart the Scottish Highlands by train back to Glasgow or stay an extra few days and explore further the Scottish Highlands.
- 6 nights B&B and full breakfast All accommodation is pre-booked in approved and carefully selected guesthouses with all rooms en-suite
- All Maps and waterproof route notes
- Details on restaurants and places of interest to visit along the way
- Luggage transfers daily while you walk with a small day pack
- All information on trains or buses needed to get to your first accommodation, during the tour and back at the end of the tour
- Full backup service should you require it while on our tour