Short Break – Kerry
Kerry Short Break
Almost in the centre of the spine of the MacGillycuddy’s Reeks, Carrantuohill stands proud as the highest mountain in Ireland, at a height of 1,039m, overlooking the Atlantic Ocean in County Kerry in the south west of Ireland. The climb up and back from Carrantuohill offers some of the best views to be found anywhere in Ireland. While the walk is demanding it is achievable, once you have a reasonable good level of fitness and the invigorating trill for reaching the summit will sooth away any effects that the climb may have caused you.
Tour Pricing & Dates
|3 Day Short Break||£199 per person sharing|
|Tour Dates 2019||12th – 14th April|
|Accommodation||Guesthouse (en suite)|
|BOOKING||BOOK THIS TOUR|
- Day 1 / Drive Dublin to Killarney Co. Kerry
- Our route sees us leaving the Belfast at 10am for Killarney. The journey takes us via Dublin then west across the country in the direction of Limerick, then south west to Killarney. Driving time will be approximately 7hrs, but we will stop many times on our way for food etc. Once we have booked into our accommodation in Killarney we will take a short walk around the town.
- Day 2 / Carrantuohill
- From Killarney our drive takes us in loop around the MacGillycuddy Reeks, passing the Gap of Dunloe to reach Lough Acoose. Our walk starts following The Hydro Road past Lough Eighter in the Coomloughta Glen to join the spur of Caher and onto Caher Mountain (1001m). The view from here on a clear day is simply beautiful. The final section of our walk to the reach the summit of Carrantuohill takes us along the Caher Ridge, which once again offers superb views in all directions. After a small celebration for reaching the summit of Ireland’s highest mountain and a photo session we will start our descent back along the Caher Ridge to Caher. Here we will join a spur that leads us to Curragh More Mountain (822 m) and down to join the Kerry Way and back to our bus at Lough Acoose.
- Day 3 / Muckross House & Gardens and depart for home
- After a hearty breakfast we will depart from our accommodation and take a short drive to Muckross House & Gardens. Muckross House is situated close to the shores of Muckross Lake, amidst the beautiful scenery of Killarney National Park. We will recommend some choices of things to do here, like visiting the magnificent Muckross House, amble around the gardens or take a stroll down memory lane to visit Working Traditional Farm Depart for home at 15.00 hrs.
- 2 Nights B&B
- Guided walk
- All transport to include: Pickup and return from/to Belfast
- Packed Lunches or Evening Meals