Antrim Causeway Coast & Rathlin Island – Self-Guided Walking Tour Northern Ireland – 6 Day
A breathtakingly beautiful coastal walk exploring the rocky shores of the North Coast of the island of Ireland and Rathlin Island. This tour includes the RSPB bird sanctuary of Rathlin Island and the Causeway Coastal route where you will explore breath-taking views as you meander through winding country villages and town.
The undoubted highlight of this tour is the UNESCO World Heritage Site of The Giant’s Causeway.
Tour Pricing & Dates
|6 Day Tour||£429 per person sharing|
|Tour Dates||Available all year|
|Accommodation||Guesthouse (en suite)|
|BOOKING||BOOK THIS TOUR|
- Day 1 / Ballycastle
- This tour begins in the rural coastal town of Ballycastle on the North-East tip of the island of Ireland. You will arrive in Ballycastle at your leisure. The closest airports are Belfast, City of Derry and Dublin airports.
- Day 2 / Rathlin Island
- We will be giving you the choice of a two walk on the island so distance will depend on which route you take; both very interesting and stunningly beautiful. You will take the 45 minute ferry ride from Ballycastle to Rathlin; cost £12, per person return. The island is a rare place of wild and natural beauty, extraordinary environmental values and social interests. The island is 10Km long and almost 1.6Km wide. Three lighthouses stand as monuments to its wild coastline while over 40 recorded shipwrecks lie in the depths of its underwater cliffs. The island is immersed in flora and fauna and in spring and summer Puffins; Guillemots and Kittiwakes; to mention but a few; nest in their thousands along its steep on-shore cliffs. Returning back to Ballycastle on the evening ferry.
- Day 3 / Ballycastle to Ballintoy
- From your accommodation in Ballycastle you will make your way to Ballintoy on quiet country lanes, through woodland and farming communities of Craignagolman and Ballaghcravey. At the end of the walk near the Game of Thrones featured Ballintoy Harbour, there is the option of crossing the 80ft high world famous Carrick-a-Rede rope bridge. Distance: 14km, Ascent: 110 m, Approximate walking time 4 hrs.
- Day 4 / Ballintoy to the Giant's Causeway
- Leaving Ballintoy you will pass the golden sandy beaches of White Park Bay, the ruins of Dunseverick Castle and along the cliff path around Benbane Head to the UNESCO World Heritage Site and nature reserve of The Giant’s Causeway. Once your explorations of the Causeway are finished you will continue on Bushfoot Strand to your overnight accommodation in Portballintra. Distance: 17.6 km, Ascent: 100 m, Approximate walking time: 5 hrs.
- Day 5 / The Giant's Causeway to Portstewart
- On your final days walking you will follow the coastal road to Portrush passing along the way Binbane Cove, Dunluce Castle, The Burfoot and The White Rocks and then descending onto Curran Strand. From here you will make your way to the town of Portrush for a little relaxing and maybe an Ice-cream before your final leg of the walk to your accommodation in Portstewart. Distance: 19 km, Ascent: 80 m, Approximate walking time: 5,5 hrs.
- Day 6 / Departure
- At your leisure after your breakfast, your tour comes to an end and it's time to depart on your onward journey.
- 5 nights B&B and full breakfast All accommodation is pre-booked in approved and carefully selected family-run guesthouses with all rooms en-suite
- All Maps and waterproof route notes
- Details on restaurants and places of interest to visit along the way
- Luggage transfers daily while you walk with a small day pack
- All information on trains or buses needed to get to your first accommodation, during the tour and back at the end of the tour
- Full backup service should you require it while on our tour
- Ferry to Rathlin Island