Northern Ireland – Guided Walking Tour
Guided Walking Tour – Northern Ireland:
This 8 day guided walking tour will take you from the Irish Lake District of Fermanagh and the Marble Arch Caves Global Geo Park, then North to the walled City of Derry then through the Mid-Ulster heartland of Northern Ireland to Seamus Heaney Country and the Sperrin Mountains. Then travelling further north we will visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of the Giants Causeway as we explore the majestic Causeway Coast and then travelling south via Belfast to St. Patricks Country on the shores of Strangford Lough. Finally, we travel to the Kingdom of Mourne and the fabled Mountains of Mourne where the mountains rise from sea to sky.
Tour Pricing & Dates
|8 Day Tour||£989 per person sharing|
|Tour Dates 2019||Saturday 27th April to Saturday 4th May – Fully Booked
Saturday 22nd June to Saturday 29th June
Saturday 20th July to Saturday 27th July
|Tour Dates 2020||TBC|
|Tour Grade||Easy to Moderate|
|Accommodation||Family Operated Guest House Accommodation|
|BOOKING||BOOK THIS TOUR|
OUR NORTHERN IRELAND GUIDED TOUR – Come and join us – 22nd June – 29th June 2019 or20th July – 27th July 2019https://walkinghikingireland.com/tour/guided-walking-tour-northern-ireland/This 8-day guided walking tour of Northern Ireland starts in the Irish Lake District of Fermanagh through the Mid-Ulster heartland of Northern Ireland to Seamus Heaney Country and the Sperrin Mountains. Then travelling further north we will visit the Giants Causeway as we explore the majestic Causeway Coast and then travelling to St. Patricks Country on the shores of Strangford Lough. Finally, the fabled Mountains of Mourne where the mountains rise from sea to sky.
Posted by Footfalls Walking and Hiking Ireland on Friday, 16 November 2018
- Day 1 / Arrival
- Departing Dublin Airport at 1pm we will travel north stopping at the historical site of the Loughcrew Cairns, a 3500 BC neolithic network of burial chambers, on our way to the Irish Lake District of Fermanagh where we will spend the first two nights of our tour.
- Day 2 / Marble Arch Caves Global Geopark - Cuilcagh Mountain Trail
- Today's walk is a scenic walk meandering along farmland track and along the boardwalk over ancient bog lands to a wild plateau trail to the mountain summit at 666m above sea level. On the summit stands an ancient burial cairn dating 2500-500BC and you will be rewarded with a breathtaking view of the countryside beneath. Walking Distance 14KM (9 miles) Total Ascent 550m
- Day 3 / Marble Arch Caves Global Geopark & The Walled City
- In the morning we will visit the Marble Arch Caves Global Geopark, one of the finest show caves in Europe. You will be guided by a local guide through a fascinating natural wonderland of rivers, waterfalls and the beautiful cave formations all around. The caves may be closed during periods of heavy rains. In the afternoon we will travel to the City of L'Derry in the North-West, where you will have a walking tour of the Walled City before resting for the night.
- Day 4 / Carntogher Way & The Seamus Heaney Home Place
- Today's walk takes us to the historic Carntogher Mountain as well as spectacular views of the local countryside, this area is steeped in mythology and archaeological heritage and contains a number of historical monuments visible in the landscape. On the summit is the emigrant's cairn, where travellers to the 'new worlds' would have left stones at the place where they last viewed their homelands before departing from the port of Derry for their new life. In the afternoon we will travel to Bellaghy and visit the Seamus Heaney Homeplace Centre Distance 10 KM 6 miles Total Ascent 300m
- Day 5 / The Giants Causeway
- Today we travel to the Causeway Coast and the world famous Giant’s Causeway. The Causeway was declared the Ireland’s first World Heritage site in 1986. Some of the 40,000 polygonal basalt columns are over 6ft tall, neatly standing side-by-side, the formation is over 55 million years old. Our walk takes us along the beautiful shore to the astonishing Causeway where we will explore the landmark. The area is home to over 200 varieties of plant species and birds such as the Chough and Peregrine Falcon. Distance: 10km 6miles; Ascent 80m
- Day 6 / Belfast & St Patrick's Country
- Today we depart the Causeway Coast for Belfast along the Causeway Coastal Route. In Belfast, you will have some free time where you can visit the award winning Titanic centre, take one of the famous black taxi tours of the cities cultural murals or relax and enjoy the cities many shopping opportunities. In the afternoon we will travel to Downpartick and visit the Downpatrick Centre and St. Patrick's grave before finishing with a relaxing walk along the shores of Murlough Beach.
- Day 7 / The Mournes
- Today we will begin in the seaside village of Dundrum with its 13th century castle and majestic views of Dundrum Bay and the Mourne Mountains; before travelling to the start of our walk through the centre of the Mourne Mountains. Distance: 12km 7miles, Ascent 550m
- Day 8 / Departure
- The tour now comes to an end and we must depart after breakfast to arrive at approx. 12pm in Dublin Airport
- All accommodation is approved and all rooms will be en-suite
- All transport to include: Pickup and return to Dublin Airport
- All transport to and from walks and evenings out
- Meals to include: 7 Breakfasts, 5 packed lunches
- Admission to Marble Arch Caves Global Geopark
- Admission to Seamus Heaney Homeplace
- Evening meals
- Lunch on day 1, 6 and day 8
- Entry fees to Carrick-A-Reid Rope Bridge, Titanic Centre or Black Taxi Tour