Cork & Kerry
Guided Walking Tour – Cork & Kerry
This Stunning 8 day walking tour takes in the Ring of Kerry, the Beara Peninsula and the Gaelteacht (Irish speaking) region of Dingle Town & Peninsula.
This region of Ireland is well known for its intense greenness, endless range of mountains, rugged cliffs, wide sandy coastlines, remote cottages, woolly lowland sheep and ancient archaeology scattered amongst the hills. You will experience the ambience of colourful villages, fall into conversation with the region’s sing-song accents, and tap your toes to the well-loved traditional music.
Some of the tour highlights include: Dursey Island, Healy & Conor passes, The Ring of Kerry, The Gap of Dunloe and Dingle & Killarney Towns.
Tour Pricing & Dates
|8 Day Tour||£979 per person sharing
Saturday to Saturday
|Tour Dates 2018||Saturday 15th to Saturday 22nd September – Fully Booked
Saturday 6th to Saturday 13th October – Fully Booked
|Tour Dates 2019||Saturday 25th May to Saturday 1st June 2019
Saturday 29th June to Saturday 6th July 2019
Saturday 17th August to Saturday 24th August 2019
Saturday 14th September to Saturday 21st September 2019
|Tour Grade||Easy to Moderate|
|Accommodation||Guesthouse (en suite)|
|BOOKING||BOOK THIS TOUR|
- Day 1 / Overnight Castletownbere, County Cork
- Departing Dublin Airport at 12 noon, we will make our way south-west to the Beara Peninsula. On route we will stop in Cashel and visit one of the most important heritage sites in Ireland, the Rock of Cashel. After about an hour stopover we will continue on our journey to our base for the next 3 nights Castletownbere.
- Day 2 / Dursey Island
- In the morning we will make our way to our first day walk on Dursey Island. Dursey Island is a small remote island that is serviced by Ireland’s only working cable car across Dursey Sound. Dolphins and whales are regular visitors to the rich waters that surround Dursey, in addition to a wide range of different types of seabirds and butterflies. Distance: 10.5 km, Ascent: 260 m
- Day 3 / Beara Island & the Beara Way
- We will take a short ferry ride to Beara Island. Beara island is a haven for wildlife and also considered an enchanted island thick with ancient myth with its many stone circles and standing stones. The walk follows the Beara Way along quiet country tracks offering views in all directions that must be seen to be believed. Distance: 12 km, Ascent: 240 m
- Day 4 / Killarney, Co. Kerry
- After breakfast we depart for the second part of our tour leaving the Beara Peninsula and Co. Cork, travelling over Healy’s Pass. The serpentine pass winds through a desolate, otherworldly landscape, passing between two of the highest summits in the Caha mountain range and rising to 334 metres above sea level. In the early afternoon we will visit Muckross House, gardens, and working farm, situated amidst the beautiful scenery of Killarney National Park. The rest of the afternoon is left free for you to explore the town of Killarney, our base for the next two days.
- Day 5 / Gap of Dunloe
- Our walk starts at the famous Kate Carney’s Cottage and takes us into the Black Valley. The valley is a glaciated relic whose retreating glaciers left behind incredible rock formations, a wild and rugged glen, quarry lakes, small waterfalls and a beauty that is indescribable. We will join the famous Kerry Way trail that takes us through Derrynahierka Oak Forest, finishing at Galway’s Bridge on the Ring of Kerry. Distance: 15 km, Ascent: 280 m
- Day 6 / Dingle Peninsula
- Today we travel to the Dingle Peninsula, voted among the top 100 destinations in the world by Trip Advisor and as ‘the most beautiful place on earth’ by National Geographic. Our walk today is a very relaxing walk on Inch Beach used in the making of the Hollywood movie Ryan’s Daughter. Distance 8km
- Day 7 / Mount Eagle
- Our walk starts in the village of Ventry just outside Dingle Town, where we walk the Dingle Way to the golden sandy beach of Ventry Harbour, then inland along narrow country roads to the base of Mount Eagle. A short climb takes us the summit where we will be reward with breathtaking views. We finish our walk by looping around the mountain back down into Ventry. Distance: 10.5 km, Ascent: 516 m
- Day 8
- After breakfast we depart for Dublin, arriving at Dublin Airport at approximately 3/4 pm.
- All accommodation is approved and all rooms will be en-suite.
- Meals to include: 7 breakfasts and 6 packed lunches.
- All transport to include: Pickup at Dublin Airport and return to Dublin Airport at the end of your tour.
- All transport to and from walks and evenings out. Cable Car to Dursey Island, ferry to and from Beara Island
- Evening Meals
- Entry Fees to Muckross House and Farm