Causeway Coastal Way & Rathlin Island 8 Day Self-Guided
A breathtakingly beautiful coastal walk exploring the rocky shores of the North Coast of the island of Ireland and Rathlin Island. This tour includes the RSPB bird sanctuary of Rathlin Island and the Causeway Coastal route where you will explore breath-taking views as you meander through winding country villages and town.
The undoubted highlight of this tour is the UNESCO World Heritage Site of The Giant’s Causeway.
Tour Pricing & Dates
|8 Day Tour||£599 per person sharing|
|Tour Dates||Available all year|
|Accommodation||Guesthouse (en suite)|
|BOOKING||BOOK THIS TOUR|
- Day 1 / Arrive Ballycastle
- Travel to the North Coast and the town of Ballycastle
- Day 2 / Rathlin Island
- This island is a rare place of wild and natural beauty, shaped like a boot the island stretches for 10km/6Miles and is 1.6km/1Mile wide. Three lighthouses stand on the island as monuments to its maritime history. The island is immersed in flora and fauna and in spring and summer Puffins, Guillemots and Kittiwakes to mention a few nest in their thousands along the steep on-shore cliffs.
- Day 3 / Ballycastle to Ballintoy
- Leaving Ballycastle by quiet country roads and forest lanes you will travel to Ballintoy and its world famous Carrick-a-Rede rope bridge. If you wish you can take the opportunity to cross the bridge spanning an 80ft chasm with waves crashing below. Over night Ballintoy. Distance 14.16km/8.9Miles: Ascent 270m/810ft, Approximate walking time 4-5hours.
- Day 4 / Ballintoy to Dunseverick Castle
- Starting from your accommodation in Ballintoy your trail along one of the most spectacular coastal walks begins meandering down to Ballintoy Harbour and along the coastline and golden sandy beaches of White Park Bay, through the harbours of Portbraddan and Dunseverick and finishing at the ruins of the 6th Century Dunseverick Castle. Distance: 7km/4.5Miles Ascent: 50m/150ft, Approximate walking time 3 hours.
- Day 5 / Dunseverick Castle to the Giants Causeway
- From Dunseverick Castle the trail takes you along a cliff top walk that leads you around by Benbane Head to the famous UNESCO World Heritage Site of The Giants Causeway. Distance: 9km/5.6miles Ascent: 200m/600ft Approximate walking time 3-4 hours
- Day 6 / Giant's Causeway to Portrush
- Continuing along the stunning North Coast, today takes you along the coastal route to Portrush overlooking Binbane Cove, Dunluce Castle, The Burnfoot and The White Rocks before the short descent down to Curran Strand to your finish in Portrush. Distance: 13km/8.2miles Ascent: 120m/360ft Approximate walking time, 3-4 hours.
- Day 7 / Portrush to Portstewart - The Port Path
- Your last days walking on the Causeway Coastal Way takes you along the Coastal Path from Portrush to Portstewart, today offers you panoramic sea views into Lough Foyle towards Donegal and Portstewart Strand. Distance: 10km/6Miles Ascent: 50m/150ft Approximate walking time, 3-4 hours.
- Day 8 / Departure
- After breakfast, it will be time to savour the photos from your weeks walking and make your onwards journey.
- 7 nights Bed and Breakfast accommodation
- All accommodation is approved and all rooms are en-suite.
- Maps and Waterproof notes
- Luggage transfers so you can walk with a small day pack
- Details of restaurants and places of interest along the trail
- Full back-up service while you are on tour
- Packed lunches
- Evening Meals