Antrim Glens & Causeway Coast – Self-Guided Walking Tour Northern Ireland – 5 Day
A breathtakingly beautiful coastal walk exploring the rocky shores of the North Coast of the island of Ireland.
On your route you will explore breath-taking views as you meander through winding country villages and town.
The undoubted highlight of this tour is the UNESCO World Heritage Site of The Giant’s Causeway.
Tour Pricing & Dates
|5 Day Tour||£359 per person sharing|
|Tour Dates||Available all year|
|Accommodation||Guesthouse (en suite)|
|BOOKING||BOOK THIS TOUR|
- Day 1 / Ballycastle
- This tour begins in the rural coastal town of Ballycastle on the North-East tip of the island of Ireland. You will arrive in Ballycastle at your leisure. The closest airports are Belfast, City of Derry and Dublin airports.
- Day 2 / Ballycastle to Ballintoy
- From your accommodation in Ballycastle you will make your way to Ballintoy on quiet country lanes, through woodland and farming communities of Craignagolman and Ballaghcravey. At the end of the walk near the Game of Thrones featured Ballintoy Harbour, there is the option of crossing the 80ft high world famous Carrick-a-Rede rope bridge. Distance: 14km, Ascent: 110 m, Approximate walking time 4 hrs.
- Day 3 / Ballintoy to the Giant's Causeway
- Leaving Ballintoy you will pass the golden sandy beaches of White Park Bay, the ruins of Dunseverick Castle and along the cliff path around Benbane Head to the UNESCO World Heritage Site and nature reserve of The Giant’s Causeway. Once your explorations of the Causeway are finished you will continue on Bushfoot Strand to your overnight accommodation in Portballintra. Distance: 17.6 km, Ascent: 100 m, Approximate walking time: 5 hrs.
- Day 4 / Giant's Causeway to Portstewart
- On your final days walking you will follow the coastal road to Portrush passing along the way Binbane Cove, Dunluce Castle, The Burfoot and The White Rocks and then descending onto Curran Strand. From here you will make your way to the town of Portrush for a little relaxing and maybe an Ice-cream before your final leg of the walk to your accommodation in Portstewart. Distance: 19 km, Ascent: 80 m, Approximate walking time: 5,5 hrs.
- Day 5 / Departure
- At your leisure after your breakfast, your tour comes to an end and it's time to depart on your onward journey.
- 4 nights B&B and full breakfast All accommodation is pre-booked in approved and carefully selected family-run guesthouses with all rooms en-suite
- Causeway Coast Maps and waterproof route notes
- Details on restaurants and places of interest to visit along the way
- Luggage transfers daily while you walk with a small day pack
- All information on trains or buses needed to get to your first accommodation, during the tour and back at the end of the tour
- Full backup service should you require it while on our tour